Farmer to Soldier
Yorktown Victory Center Teacher Tour Study Resources
* Analyze primary source documents to gain historical information.
* Recognize different perspectives on the American Revolution.
* Identify choices and consequences faced by Americans as a result of declaring independence. Read More…
* Understand why the colonists wrote the Declaration of Independence and how they used it to bring about the Revolutionary War.
* Identify and analyze the three sections that make up the Declaration of Independence.
* Evaluate their knowledge of citizen’s rights and responsibilities pertaining to the colonists and themselves.
Marching to Independence
* Identify roles of army leadership in uniting the Continental Army during the American Revolution.
* Use primary sources to explore historical information.