Homeschool Tours and Programs
History is Fun for Homeschool Students at Jamestown Settlement & American Revolution Museum at Yorktown
Homeschool students will love discovering the sights and sounds of the 17th and 18th centuries while learning about their nation’s history.
Homeschool Program Days: September 5-20, 2020
• $13 per family member – Visit as many times as you like during “Homeschool Program Days.”
• Children ages 3 and under are free.
•Purchase admission tickets, then email reservations at group.reservations@jyf.
Email reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Reservations office is open Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Purchase tickets in person at either museum during Homeschool Program Days.
• Admission to Jamestown Settlement throughout Homeschool Program Days, including the introductory film 1607: A Nation Takes Root, permanent exhibition galleries, and re-creations of 1607 ships, Powhatan Indian village, and a 1610-1614 colonial fort, and more.
• Admission to the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown throughout Homeschool Program Days, including Revolution-themed films, permanent exhibition galleries and re-creations of a Continental Army encampment and Revolution-era farm.
• One two-hour tour at each site, with a Family Guided Tour, designed for family members of all ages.
Tours must be booked in advance by emailing reservations at email@example.com after purchasing tickets online. Please include your preferred tour dates and times in your email.
Homeschool Program Days – September 5-20, 2020
Family Guided Tour at Jamestown Settlement – All ages
Visit re-creations of a Powhatan Indian village, 1607 ships and colonial fort on this two-hour tour designed to introduce the history and cultures of America’s first permanent English settlement at Jamestown, Virginia.
American Revolution Museum at Yorktown Family Guided Tours: Tuesdays and Thursday, September 8, 10, 15 and 17, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Family Guided Tour at the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown – all ages
This tour presents an overview of life during the American Revolution, with visits to immersive galleries, a re-created Continental Army encampment and Revolution-era farm. Hands-on activities throughout the tour enhance the story and engage visitors of every age!
For more information about homeschool programs contact group reservations:
(757) 253-4939 • (888) 868-7593 • fax (757) 253-4997 • firstname.lastname@example.org.