Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation volunteers support Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown in a variety of ways throughout the year. Volunteers help to greet and orient museum visitors, interpret in the galleries and lead orientation tours, assist interpreters in the living-history areas, help gift shop customers, provide support for special events, conduct visitor research, maintain and sail the Jamestown Settlement ships, accomplish curatorial and clerical projects, and work behind the scenes to support the museums in many other ways. Volunteer opportunities abound.
Museum Docents Needed
Both Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown are always in need of docents during museum hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, primarily Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and weekends. Shifts include:
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Docent opportunities include:
- Assisting visitors as they tour the galleries, answer questions and engage visitors in interactive experiences with museum exhibits.
- Lead gallery tours or share exciting historical and museum information with visitors while manning an indoor learning station.
- Lead orientation tours of the outdoor living-history areas.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation, please click on and complete the Volunteer Application below and return it to the address listed on the application or email it to email@example.com.
In return for donating their time, volunteers receive a variety of benefits:
- The Foundation’s core volunteers receive complimentary admission to Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown for themselves and their family.
- 20% discount at museum gift shops.
- 50% discount at museum cafes.
- And so much more…