Summer Teacher Institute for Virginia Teachers
Virginia School Teachers K-12
No Programs are scheduled for 2015.
Join a select group of Virginia teachers committed to excellence in education! Experience the story of colonial America firsthand during this weeklong Teacher Institute at Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center living-history museums. At Jamestown Settlement explore the world of America’s first permanent English settlement and the cultures that converged in 17th-century Virginia. At Yorktown Victory Center examine the American Revolution from the beginnings of colonial unrest to the formation of the new nation.
• Become immersed in the history of 17th-century Jamestown and the 18th-century American Revolution.
• Practice new teaching methods in period costume while interacting with visitors at Jamestown Settlement.
• Experience history through hands-on period activities.
• Participate in SOL-correlated programs, presentations and workshops.
• Take home a kit of reproduction artifacts to use in your classroom.
• Earn up to 35 professional development points. (License holders are responsible for satisfying license renewal requirements as set forth in the Virginia Licensure Renewal Manual, including advance approval from the participant’s school division.)
Watch a Video
Hear what past participants have to say about the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Summer Teacher Institute. Read More…